Pages

Friday, July 18, 2014

My daughter's bedroom (Part I)


Sadly enough, my daughter, now 2 1/2 years old, has never really had a fully decorated bedroom. Now that I am expecting again, I am hoping I can give her a space in our new home that she will like.


"Before"

This is what the room looked like when we purchased the house (minus the furniture that they kept). We had since dumped in all of the baby stuff and miscellaneous items in the house. So oviously, it needed a lot of love! Just look at that light fixture!

The first thing we did was pick the paint colour. Not exactly in the order I like to do things but my husband convinced me on Benjamin Moore's Hot Chocolate. I was a bit reluctant but we got a mistint and paid such a minimal price it was hard to say no.

During a trip to Simons (one of my favorite stores!), I found the most perfect duvet cover for the bedroom and it matched the colour perfectly. Even better, it was on sale! It is made by the company Hiccups.

Hiccups "Little Red" Duvet Cover Set


Aren't the colours awesome? The brownish colour on the duvet matches the paint colour perfectly. I was pretty excited!

We didn't have a twin bed to use or any furniture for that matter that I could have painted and put back into shape. The furniture in her baby room is going to stay there for baby #2 so we figured we would pay a visit to our dear friend Ikea. We settled on a MALM night table and dresser and a FLAXA bed. I loved the Flaxa bed for the additional storage underneath. I figured it would be handy.


IKEA Flaxa bed
IKEA "FLAXA" Bed

The only issue with the Flaxa bed is that the drawers only came in black which was a bit of a problem for me. I thought it would clash with the rest of the bedroom. Nothing some paint and a coat of varnish can't fix though! Before assembling the drawers I painted over the black with the wall colour (2 coats on each side) and added a clear coat on top! Tadam. ( I will add a picture later, I forgot to take one !)

Now the fun part begins, decorating and organizing her room. Not that putting together IKEA furniture wasn't fun! I'll post about that later!

No comments:

Post a Comment